Nativity greetings from the Parish Council chairperson
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us, a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His Name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isiah 9:6.
Beloved brothers and sisters in Christ! Christ is Born! Glorify him!!
Back to full liturgy services and in our efforts to sustain and grow our church for all parishioners, by the grace of God and your generous contributions to the church, the following milestones for the year 2022 have been achieved:
- We paid down our mortgage by approximately $321,000! Balance down to $708K.
- We paid down all personal loans that the church owed to the tune off: $180,000.
- We streamlined purchasing in general and supplies in specific. This process has yielded some savings, but the full savings will be reflected in the upcoming year.
- We purchased and installed a wonderful new sound system.
- We purchased and installed a new state of the art Air Condition.
- We replaced the basement ceiling tiles and lighting. Thank you, maintenance committee!
- Our priest has done a fantastic job and the church is full every Sunday!
- Our priest efforts in bringing back YAM & Teen SOYO.
- The lady’s Auxiliary is back and so is the Christmas bazar and the Christmas Gala. Thank you, ladies, for all you do!
- Men’s society is back in full force organizing various lunches and events throughout the year.
- A highly very successful Golf tournament. Thank you, Golf Committee!
- Maintenance-Windows caulking, parking lot patching… etc
- Paid the archdiocese dues of $46,200.
- Complete restoration of the altar’s adjacent rooms.
We recognize our work is not done and there is so much more to achieve in the upcoming year. With God’s guidance, the holy spirit’s assistance, and your continuous support, we are confident we can attain the following goals for the year 2023:
- Empower and encourage various committees and the youth in specific to volunteer and get more involved in serving the church.
- Pay down the mortgage by $350,000.
- Initiate the process of fixing and replacing the church roof and parking lot through a specific contribution fund.
- Continue and build on the success we’ve had for the year 2022.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a most blessed Nativity and a most healthy and prosperous 2023!
“11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called, and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Timothy 6:11-16
Yours in Christ!
Ra’ed G. Dallal